Hello, Neighbors --
Would anyone know how I can expedite official readjustments to our 2014
property tax?  I can't get a straight answer from city employees at the OPA and
Revenue Department.  OPA tells me that the Revenue Department makes things
official while the Revenue Department tells me that that is OPA's job...
As a result of the city's initial over-valuation of our property, our family is
faced with a huge escrow payment and hundreds more in monthly mortgage payments
until we get official documents showing our new assessment and taxes.  While we
were able to successfully demonstrate to OPA that home's value should be
lowered (our house still needs a lot of work), we are still stuck with a less
than ideal financial situation until the city gets around to processing the
paperwork.  Sigh.
Thanks for your guidance!
Best,R. Mimi Iijima

Support the Friends of Walnut Street West Library!WSWLibraryFriends.org