Just a quick note to all the *nix heads. The latest nightly works
perfectly for me.  I thought it was time to stick my feet into the 6.*
world. I have been running 5.4.something for a long long time.

So I downloaded the current nightly
slimserver-2005_10_11-1.noarch.rpm
onto my Mandrava 10.1 system.
Pointed urpmi at it, and hit enter.

Took a while, maybe 4 or 5 minutes to install the RPM.
Took another 10 to 15 minutes to scan the library, load the database,
and all that stuff.

Now it says:
Your music library contains 764 albums with 10478 songs by 1187 artists.
Which compares to the 5.4 report of "Your music library contains 707
albums with 10480 songs by 1188 artists." I have no idea which of these
sets of numbers is right, and I don't care, but someone may. Its
off by one on number of artists, off by two songs, and 57 CDs.

I touched nothing, it was automatic. It just works.

CPU usage while playing FLAC files to one SB1/g is 2%

Pat

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html