Hello,

I just installed slimserver from sources on a new Gentoo Linux server.
It's all working fine and I was going to attempt to chroot it for some
added precaution. But I wanted to see how it performed on my old 1.6Ghz
P4 so I did a quick "top". That showed me that while converting quality
8 .ogg files into flac before streaming it wasn't taking more than 5%
at anytime which is kind of cool. What wasn't cool is that I noticed
that flac and sox processes which I assume are handling the conversion
are running as root instead of the slim user :-( That kind of defeats
the purpose of creating a chroot jail for the server.

The init.d script I created is pretty much identical to the one found
in the wiki with the exception that I used the conf.d/slimserver file
to store the name of the log, pid etc.

Did I misconfigure something? Or there's a little flaw in the server
code launching the converters as the wrong user?

Thanks for your help.

-WildCoder

--
WildCoder