Mark Lanctot wrote:
> That's because the Ubuntu version is a specially-modified
> 6.3.something...which incidentally has a fair amount of bugs that were
> resolved long ago.

Mark >>> Thanks for the explanation.  I've only ever used the
slimdevices repo - I didn't even know there was an Ubuntu version, as I
have the slimdevices repo at the top of my source.list, as per the wiki.

BTW, I'm thinking I may upgrade when SC7 is released.  Will I need to
remove my SC6.5.3 first (?? with 'sudo aptitude purge' or what), or can
I just install on top?  And do I need to do anything in particular about
MIP (which you may recall helping me with ages ago!).  Sorry if this is
documented elsewhere - just thought I'd ask you while you were around!