ceejay;264720 Wrote:
> FWIW I'd probably feel bad about running Microsoft's own software in
> Wine (like letting the enemy in through the gate) but that feeling
> doesn't extend to third party software like mp3tag that just happens to
> be released on Windows.

I agree with this, EAC and Mp3tag are third-party applications and they
could just as easily have been developed for Linux, but they weren't,
and they really are best-in-class applications with no equivalents.

I have tried all the equivalents, they just don't measure up for me,
and I've tried to avoid the "I only like it because I'm used to it"
thing, EAC really has no equivalent and EasyTAG tries to do some things
like Mp3tag but doesn't (you can't see all tags, for example.)

--
Mark Lanctot

Ben Klass: "I won't even eat a pre-7.0 meal.  Well, unless it involves
bacon."