cliveb;264975 Wrote:
> As far as I'm aware, I don't have any desktop environment installed.
> What I did was download the "netinst" Debian ISO image, which purports
> to install a minimal system and then give you options to add extra
> stuff by downloading only what you need.
ok, that's a perfect way to build a server. I only suggested ubuntu
server because it is a little easier to install and little more
popularly mainstream so specific support is easier to come by. But
debian netinst is probably the most canonical server install and should
be as good a platform as any.

--
bulletmark