Mark Lanctot;266245 Wrote:
> Oops, yeah, that's of course correct!  I forgot because I haven't
> touched my "production" 6.5.4 install but I install 7.0 nightlies on my
> "testing" machine regularly, so I get a lot more exposure to those.

I am currently running (k)ubuntu 6.06 on my main system, which has the
slimserver (6.2.something).

When I installed ubuntu feisty (7.04) and the slimserver package from
the ubuntu repositories, it installed 6.5.something. The font which
appeared on the SB3 was horrible and the web interface was vile and
completely different from what I was used to.

Does anyone know if this is because ubuntu have made their own mods to
slimserver?

Frankly I find 6.2.whatever runs well enough. Unlike most people I
never rescan my music library (currently occupying 47% of a 1.3TB Raid
array, all FLACs) but use the directory structure to navigate.

Can anyone tell me why would I want to upgrade the slimserver version?

--
deryk

deryk

2xSB3, Linn preamps, Linn & Sony power amps, Apogee & Linn speakers,
Jim Rogers Subwoofer. Infrant ReadyNAS+ RAID array.