JJZolx;313583 Wrote:
> Unreliable _because_ of the dual boot?  I've never run into that problem
> with Windows NTFS.
> .

It's not ntfs that's the problem.  It's windoze.  When I boot, the
thing inconsistently loads, or chooses not to, my pointer and keyboard
drivers.  The only option is to power the thing off and try again.  It
frequently takes me 3 or 4 attempts at rebooting (20-30 minutes) to get
the dumb thing to work right, and in windoze, "working right" has a
special definition.  This was going on long before I installed
Kubuntu.

The file system gets corrupt because I am powering off the machine
without allowing windoze to shut down normally and clean up the mess it
normally makes on th HDD.  With the keyboard and pointer not working
there isn't much choice.

I have no problems with Kubuntu at all, so it isn't my hardware.  Maybe
some problem with antispyware/antivirus software somehow wrecking the
drivers.  I keep windoze on the machine because my school requires
certain software that won't run under wine in linux, otherwise I dump
M$ like the trash it is.

TD

--
tyler_durden