Fletch wrote:

> JJZolx;312985 Wrote:
>> Thanks.  So just install Linux first?  Anything special to do during the
>> installation process?
>
> It's been a long time since I've done this, but the recommendation used
> to be to install Windows first since Linux is a lot friendlier about not
> overwriting your other bootloader. Maybe Windows has become better about
> this...

Yes, that's completely right - install Windows first, then Ubuntu.  This
is by far the easiest way to do it, and will avoid you lots of problems
configuring things, as Windows assumes it's in the first partition on
the disc, and screws up the boot if you install it after Ubuntu.

Put Windows, then Ubuntu, and the GRUB menu will have Ubuntu as the
first item in the menu;  even if you don't press enter then, it will
start automatically after the standard delay period.  (Thus you have to
make a conscious decision to boot into Windows - which is as it should
be!  ;-)