davep;316166 Wrote:
> Take a look in the list of running processes by opening System Monitor
> or using the "top" command at a terminal prompt.  If SC is running you
> should a squeezecenter process listed there.  If it is not running then
> you need to start it.

Just a brief note for newbies: for me, at least, "top" often does not
show SC even when SC is running fine.  Sometimes it will show up for a
few seconds as top refreshes, but it's not there most of the time.  I
have a powerful server, I suspect SC is just not taking up enough
resources to be reported.

When I'm rescanning, perl shows up using about 50% of the CPU
(dual-core so this is really one core at 100%).

--
Mark Lanctot