ChrisNY;405242 Wrote:
> I am about to embark on a similar upgrade myself.  I am also on Ubuntu
> 6.10 and plan to upgrade to the latest LTS version through a complete
> reinstallation.  If you've completed your upgrade I'd love to hear any
> feedback/issues you may have.
> My other concerns with my upgrade is getting my RAID setup back up and
> running as well as my SAMBA configuration.  I am hoping to attack this
> project in the next week or so and will add to this thread any lessons
> learned.
>
> -Chris

It might be a little while before I find some time to do this.  I'll
post my experiences here but if you get around to it first, it would be
good to hear how you get on.

BTW I'm currently considering trying out the 8.04 Xubuntu (the LTS
release) as I believe that provides a lightweight GUI on top of what is
otherwise a fairly standard Ubuntu install.

Zoltan

--
Zoltan