Nuuk wrote:
> :/etc$ cd /apt
> bash: cd: /apt: No such file or directory  :-(

Linux is very picky about names and slashes.
cd /apt
is not at all the same as
cd apt

I think that you are better off using Synaptic's GUI to do all this,
since you don't seem to be familiar with shell commands. The GUI handles
a lot of the syntax for you.

But this thread has both Synaptic and shell command, as some folks use
one or the other.

In my Synaptic GUI, I sometimes get different results in the search box
in the tool bar and in the pop-up dialog that I get when you click on
the "search" icon (which looks like a document and a magnifying glass).

In my 9.04 system, there is a meta package, named "mysql-server" in the
results of searching for mysql.

That is the one you need. altho I always install the mysql-client as
well, but its not required by SqueezeCenter

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/