I decided today to update my outdated Slimserver to SqueezeboxCenter 7.4
on my little MP3 server which runs Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy Badger", but
unfortunately, this venture failed completely (Server restarts over and
over again).

So I decided to install SqueezeCenter 7.3 instead, which kinda works,
but I can't configure the server since the web interface doesn't load
when I try to access it from my desktop PC. There is no error message
and it displays something like "SqueezeCenter is loading", but nothing
happens after this.

I can't find any hint in the logfiles and the server itself is running.
Indeed for some reason the scanner found all of my MP3s and playlists,
so I'm like 90% there, but still I'd like to configure some thing in the
web interface.

Maxbe related: I can't get the "ShutdownServer" script to run by simply
copying it the Plugins folder (and setting user rights) as it worked for
SlimServer. It is not shown at all under "Extras".

BTW: where is the configuration stored? For SlimServer it was
/etc/slimserver/slimserver.pref, but I can't find any file like this for
the SqueezeCenter.

--
0xdeadbeef