Gus;462989 Wrote:
> So, after reading of the mayhem caused by upgrading, with the memories
> of resetting all my prefs + plugins still in (raw) recent memory, I'm
> wondering: Is sitting out the latest upgrade the answer?  At some stage
> is it likely that transferring the prefs and plugins automated within a
> later update package? Or am I being unrealistically optimistic?
> If anyone from Logitech can comment, that'd be great!

Do you own a lot of SB3s and do you use Squeezenetwork aka
mysqueezebox.com? If so, caution ahead, it will be a hassle to enter
your account info manually in the SB3s...

I'd go for a clean install, by the way, I have to be convinced the
preferences are 100% compatible, I saw some weird stuff at first, and
deleted it all again.

My 7.4 impressions after a week:
- I like the Controller UI design, but think some of the navigation
very unintuitive. (i.e. getting to mysqueezebox.com navigates very
clumsily on the Controller, and different from every other device.)
- The SB3 was left out of compatibility testing with the new
squeezenetwork as far as the upgrade goes, painful.
- Weird stuff happened to that temperamental combo called the Duet: the
SBC was convinced the SBR was happy and paying music when in fact it had
gone into a coma only a factory reset got it out of.

That sums it up.

--
pablolie

...pablo
Server: Shuttle X27 - Ubuntu 9.04 - SBS 7.4
Sources: SB3 (3), SB Boom (3), Duet, Accuphase DP65v CD
Amplifier: Accuphase E306v
Loudspeakers: Ceeroy 3-way tower (tuned)
Headphones: Grado SR-1