Well, this is *crap*.

The clean install works.

But if I try the preferences folder I had from Ubuntu 9.04 and SBS
7.4.1 into the new 9.10 and 7.4.1 combo, SBS will not start.

I assume this is because there has been a change in the way mounting or
permissions go from 9.04 to 9.10 (and its interaction with SBS 7.4.1)
when your music collection resides on a USB NTFS drive. Oh how
wonderful.

So here we go again, having to recreate my preferences on all players
yet again. And people told me I am crazy when I asked Logitech to
provide users with a preferences saving utility that does *not* rely on
backing up directories... which clearly doesn't always work.

--
pablolie

...pablo
Server: Shuttle X27D - Ubuntu 9.04 - SBS 7.4.1
Sources: SB3 (3), SB Boom (3), Duet, Accuphase DP65v CD
Amplifier: Accuphase E306v - Creek OBH21/22
Loudspeakers: Ceeroy 3-way tower (tuned) - Audioengine 5/S8 - Acoustic
Energy Aego M
Headphones: Grado SR-1