Looking into the ubuntu synaptic package manager, I see that when I
install squeezeboxserver I get a new version of libmysqlclient
installed with it as a dependency.  This is labeled
"libmysqlclient15off" and the "Installed Version" column says:
"5.1.30really5.0.83-0ubuntu3".
Also installed with squeezeboxserver is "libmysqlclient15-dev", also
with the version label "5.1.30really5.0.83-0ubuntu"

I have had Mysql version 5.1 installed in my Ubuntu system for some
time, which already gives me "libmysqlclient16" version
"5.1.37-1ubuntu5.1"

Could these two different versions of libmysqlclient be causing the
conflicts with access to the browser interface of squeezeboxserver?
(see previous post) If so, how do I resolve this?  If I try to remove
the "libmysqlclient15off" version, it takes squeezeboxserver out with
it.  If I try to remove the "libmysqlclient16" version, it removes
Mysql itself.

Should I go back to the standard Mysql5.0 version for ubuntu?

--
rkerr