andyjj;644573 Wrote:
> How do I downgrade from 7.6.0 to 7.5.5 on Ubuntu (8.04 Server) that has
> *debian.slimdevices.com/ stable main* as an apt source?  The only
> version in my apt cache is 7.6.0.
>
> (7.6.0 has lost my library and scanning always crashes after 300-500
> files.  I've even tried *apt-get remove --purge squeezeboxserver*, then
> manually locating and removing everything squeezeboxserver/squeezecenter
> related, and reinstalling squeezeboxserver 7.6.0 but scanning still does
> not work.)
>
> After removing squeezeboxserver again (but leaving all dependencies) I
> downloaded 7.5.5 and tried:
>
> DPKG -I SQUEEZEBOXSERVER_7.5.5_ALL.DEB
>
> but it's missing:
>
> LIBMYSQLCLIENT14-DEV | LIBMYSQLCLIENT15-DEV | LIBMYSQLCLIENT16-DEV
>
> I'm a bit stuck.
>
> Worth noting: the old squeezeboxserver (7.5.3 I think) used my existing
> MySql server instance and I assume my library is still in there intact
> as 7.6.0 seemed to use SQLite judging from the logging.  I'm reluctant
> to point 7.6.0 to MySql in case it trashes it.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy.
> (also posted on Logitech forums)

My personal advice would be to upgrade your server to 10.04 LTS as I
believe all the dependencies will be Ok and you will get mysql sqlite
upgrades.

--
mudlark

SB3>CyrusDACX>PreXvs>ESPAudio P09B Active filter>NAP140+260A>Rhapsody,
Avondale and Naim cable, Kubuntu Loony Lion servers, various boxes for
storage.
SB3 Flycatcher 3A linear power supply.
Using SqueezeBox Server 7.5.2 testing