mudlark;644703 Wrote:
> My personal advice would be to upgrade your server to 10.04 LTS as I
> believe all the dependencies will be Ok and you will get mysql sqlite
> upgrades.

The dependencies are fine for Ubuntu 8.04 as SBS 7.6.0 installed
without problem (but the scanning was borked, which seems to be a
common problem).  Some dependencies were removed - probably when I
purged squeezeboxserver - and dpkg doesn't install dependencies.

In case it helps somebody I fixed it by looking in /var/log/dpkg.log
and finding the packages that had been removed and reinstalling them:

SUDO APT-GET INSTALL LIBC6-DEV LIBMYSQLCLIENT15-DEV LINUX-LIBC-DEV
ZLIB1G-DEV

then downloading and installing the .deb (version found in dpkg.log
again):

*sudo dpkg -i squeezeboxserver_7.5.3_all.deb*

--
andyjj