Triode wrote:
> There's a post higher up the thread on the -b option, but I'm supprised
> you need to use it at those parameters as the defaults are close to: -b
> 2048:3446.  I'd expect you wanting to try making them bigger not
> smaller.  (I'd leave the output one and adjust the input one)

This is really odd if those are the defaults! I was getting some minor
dropouts with 192 and continuous dropouts with 352.8. I added -b 256:256
and restarted SL and all was fine. I'll play around with it some more
and let you know.

Triode wrote:
> (I say close to as the option is multipled by 1024 to get the actual
> size and then rounded to a multiple of samples)
>
> There is nothing in the code to lock memory into ram at present (which
> squeezeplay has).  I wonder if people are going to experiment with then
> whether we need to consider this.  Will look into this - perhaps people
> can confirm which systems they are testing on for this, so that if I
> produce a test binary I can target it to the right one(s).

Thanks for the information and consideration.

Triode wrote:
> Can't comment on DSD I'm afraid.

I have some friends that can work on this, but the road block is how to
properly add support in LMS...

Jesus R