Mnyb wrote:
> You can also test for bit perfectness with an AC3 or DTS stream .
>
> You could encode the wav file to a flac file it wont compress much but
> you get better suport for tags and embedded cover art etc

Another simple bit perfect test is a HDCD rip played back into a
receiver/processor or DAC that supports the format. I had a Rotel
processor once that would display the logo if the data came in
correctly. I'm confident from what I have seen so far that Sl is bit
perfect if you watch out for digital volume control...

BTW A pint of bitter to Triode!

Jesus R