castalla wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  I've got a Cubie on order, so maybe I can try it
> out later.
>
> (One of the big problems with the Cubie community is that it's so
> fragmented - there are few compiled images available, and info is
> difficult to find- unlike here, and the Rspi forum!
I've got a cubieboard but haven't played around with it much.  However
the community is small becasue there have been only about 1600 boards
made so far and many of the buyers seem to be very inexperienced.

The http://linux-sunxi.org site has lots of info based on Allwinner A10
and similar chips. It list many linux distro but not microcore.  System
built using A10 SOC are quite similar as A10 has wide range of
interfaces so that builds for one A10 product (e.g. Melee A1000) often
works on another cubieboard. A10 is unbrickable so there is no fear in
trying out builds for different systems.