Thanks, Triode! ... for this effort.  The best combo I've gotten with
usability and hifi quality is to run iPeng to LMS to SqueezeLite to
JPLAY to my USB-DAC (Benchmark DAC1 currently). Beats the best high-end
music systems I've heard!

I have the LMS set up to only output PCM on my FLAC files. (Advanced ==>
File Types ==> FLAC/FLAC ==> Disabled)

A strange thing happens. Squeezelite plays back 192kHz and 172.4kHz
sample rate files at quarter speed. The music is in slow motion (at at a
much lower key!) All the lower sample rates (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz)
sound great.

Note: when I set up LMS to output native (Advanced ==> File Types ==>
FLAC/FLAC ==> Native), Squeezelite chokes:
pa_callback: 766 track start sample rate: 192000 replay_gain: 0
pa_stream_finished:433 stream finished
_pa_open:515 opened device 8 =JPLAY Driver at 192000 latency 0ms
_pa_open:524 error starting stream: Unanticipated host error

This feels like a LMS/SqueezeBox Touch problem I head a while back.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!
peng