Pascal Hibon wrote:
> I finished the prototype of the small IO board. That board contains a
> COAX and TOSLINK SPDIF output. Both are working fine.
>
> '[image: https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/856/testopstelling.jpg]'
> (http://imageshack.us/photos/my-images/856/testopstelling.jpg/)
>
> While testing the outputs I noticed that the Wandboard digital output is
> not bit prefect. Or at least, it seems to apply some kind of EQing. My
> trusted M-DAC immediately indicated that (notice the “EQ” indicator).
>
> '[image: http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3267/mdaceq.jpg]'
> (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/mdaceq.jpg/)
>

> This EQ indicator does not show up when playing files with my SBT.
> Triode, did you notice that while playing music with the M-DAC connected
> through USB (note that your M-DAC needs firmware version A10 in order to
> have the EQ indicator)?

:) just posted on pink fish to ask what the output interface you are
using is.

I don't think this is a bit perfect issue its a problem with the
overhead bits in the spdif output - these can indicate to the dac that
the stream has been preemphasised and that the dac should apply
de-emphasis.  I don't think many CDs ever did it... I don't do anything
in squeezelite to set the status at all at present, but it really
depends on what the device driver is doing.

So looking at your picture - you are using the spdif output used on the
board, but with coax not the original toslink as the physical interface.