Pascal Hibon wrote:
> Same thing happens when using the Toslink output.
> Maybe the driver is setting this "preemphasis" bit in the stream. Is
> there a way to check that?
> And do you see this behavior while connected through USB?

I can't get optical to work...  However - it doesn't do this via USB
(which is what I have done all my testing on).

I also note that the imx-spdif driver defaults to
IEC958_AES0_CON_EMPHASIS_5015 which is to enable emphasis.  As
squeezelite does not do anything about emphasis I suspect it never calls
the iec958 update code and hence we always see the default.

Currently working out the easiest way to fix this.. We should probably
patch the driver as starting in emphasis mode seems daft.  The
equivalent driver in SBT doesn't do this.