Triode wrote:
> We can definately add a set clock applet for jivelite and also something
> from the web interface if this is the likely problem area - really
> depends on the long term accuracy of the clock too though.  I don't
> think this should distract us from our initial build though.

I probably will not be adding anything for this to CSP1, if it was just
something like adding a supercap I would do it, but that option is out.

The crystals used for RTCs are usually quite accurate, but the software
based "system clock" is usually terrible. Somehow the system clock needs
to get synched to the RTC every so often, and clock setting app needs to
make sure  it sets the RTC as well as the system clock.

I should probably check the wandboard system clock and see how it
behaves. Start it up, check both the system clock and RTC, then unplug
the ethernet cable so it can't get NTP and let it go for a few days.
Then login with the serial port so there is no way NTP can get in and
check both  again.

John S.