jhnpennington wrote:
> Thank you so much for all your help, it's really unsettling being a newb
> all over again!
> When you say navigate to the music directory, what does that mean, and
> how do i do it?
Navigating to the music directory simply means going to that directory
(or equivalently, folder). It's pretty much the same thing as using the
Command Prompt window in MS Windows, or a terminal window in OSX. But
maybe you never ventured into that part of those OSs.

In the spirit of "teaching a person to fish," here's a primer on
changing directories/folders in Linux from the same site I referenced
for the `chmod' command:
http://www.linux.org/article/view/getting-around-in-linux-directories