I've just given the new version (0.9) a try and hit upon the same
glitching issues I experienced on prior versions when using my USB DAC
(Amanero Combo 384 -> Sabre 9018).

To stop the glitching I've added 'smsc95xx.turbo_mode=n' to
/mnt/mmcblk0p1/cmdline.txt and again this appears to have fixed the
problem, which appears to be related to USB bandwidth being overwhelmed
by the ethernet device.  I had hoped this would be fixed with the new
kernel, but it appears not to be the case.

I notice from the PiCorePLayer website, that Beauve appears to have had
positive results with the Amanero device.  I wondering if this was with
default settings?

BTW Thanks sbp for the great work - it make the Pi a great little
squeezebox!