Hi Willem

Sorry to hear that - I'm currently working on updating the piCorePlayer
to kernel 3.8.13 - I don't know if it will help you, but we could hope.

I have a few questions, and some suggestions.

Regarding the change in cmdline.txt.  Have you checked that it is still
there (microcore linux is a bit different that other distros, so please
verify that you still have it there after a reboot)

Could you please try these settings in Squeezelite:

-o hw:0 -n test1
-o hw:0 -a :::0 -n test2
-o plughw:0 -n test3
-o plughw:0 -a :::0 -n test4

Remember to restart squeezelite after each change (option 5 in the menu)

Steen