albertone74 wrote:
> Hi Chunkywizard,
>
> I can't do that as I have assigned a static IP address to the WB, that's
> why I was thinking to edit those two files (on a different linux
> machine) in order to reset the previous network settings....

I still don't understand why having a static address precludes
connecting to it? I do static addresses and DHCP assigned addresses and
everything can talk to each other, as long as the static addresses are
outside of the DHCP pool range.

The only issue would be if you have set the static address to a
different subnet then what is used by your DHCP server. (for example if
your DHCP server was assigning addresses in the 192.168.1.100-200 range
and you assigned a static address of 192.168.2.25 to the wandboard. Then
computers assigned by the DHCP server can't connect to the wandboard,
but it is because it is on a different subnet, not because it is a
static address. BTW I deal with this issue all the time, by just
temporarily changing my laptop to a static address set to the same
subnet as the other device, then it can talk to it.

John S.