JohnSwenson wrote:

> The only issue would be if you have set the static address to a
> different subnet then what is used by your DHCP server. (for example if
> your DHCP server was assigning addresses in the 192.168.1.100-200 range
> and you assigned a static address of 192.168.2.25 to the wandboard. Then
> computers assigned by the DHCP server can't connect to the wandboard,
> but it is because it is on a different subnet, not because it is a
> static address. BTW I deal with this issue all the time, by just
> temporarily changing my laptop to a static address set to the same
> subnet as the other device, then it can talk to it.
>
> John S.

Hi John,

You are correct. The issue was not because I have assigned a static IP
address but because my new router is now assigning addresses in the
192.168.1.2-254 range and not in the 192.168.0.1-254 range anymore.
Changing the following two lines:

  GATEWAY0=192.168.1.1
  IPADDR0=192.168.1.50

in the file:

did trick and now I am back to listen my favourite Music:)