Byronscrote wrote:
> Using Samsung Chromebook 3 so it sounds like I may be out of luck.
That's consistent with the messages you're about installation and LMS
dying. The installer knows it installed a program of a particular name
and version. But when the Chromebook tries to run the program it can't
because it was compiled for a completely different CPU.

You're not completely out of luck, as there are versions of LMS that run
on ARM CPUs. But you'll need to install one of those instead of the
Intel-based (x86) version you apparently tried to install. And as
Thomas8675309 said, that may get more complicated.

I've installed LMS on ARM-based NASs, but not on a Chromebook, so I
don't have the specific info you'll need. I hope someone else on the
forum will. Good luck.