JackOfAll wrote:
> In a perfect world.....
>
> If I were Pascal now, who's already got the applet setup screen to
> enable the applet, for minimal effort, adding the ability to set the
> player MAC address to watch there would make sense. Whether he uses a
> real address or a made up one, he already has the ability either via the
> web interface (or by editing the config file directly), to set the MAC
> for the squeezelite client instance.... job done. No waiting for network
> interfaces. No pot luck as to what System.getMacAddress() is going to
> return when multiple interfaces are in play.... works if loopback is the
> only interface....

Pascal,

If you only use jivelite to control the wandboard player, then how about
checking the against the currently selected player mac rather than the
jivelite mac address.  I think this may work, but not tried...

appletManager:callService("getCurrentPlayer"):getId() should give the
mac address of the current player, you may need to protect against the
current player not being set so:

local currentPlayer = appletManager:callService("getCurrentPlayer")
if currentPlayer and currentPlayer:getId() == mac_to_test then
<do something useful>
end