PiCorePlayer is just the thing I have been looking for to make use of my
rPi. Great work!

Simple to setup although it took a while to realise that I needed to
change the MAC address header to 00:04:20:xx:xx:xx (Slim Devices) to
appear in LMS automatically. It might be nice if PiCorePlayer could use
the rPi MAC but swap the rPi header (B8:27:EB)

I 3rd the vote for a GPIO linked to a relay for external Amp switching

johnyb62 wrote:
> WOuld it help if I precured a cheap USB DAC to see if this solves the
> problem?  Can somebody point me to a cheap unit that is compatible with
> this build. Thanks

I also have the audio stutter problem with my Model B running via the
LAN. I have purchased a wireless dongle to see if the networking side of
things has any effect. Also I have a PCM2704 DAC on the way to test the
stuttering and to see if the overall volume is any higher after trying
"amixer set PCM 400 unmute".