I have headless ubuntu server running in my home network and all my
music files are stored in that server. I use samba to share my music in
the network.  I'd like to browse my music collection via webinterface
(<ip>/9000) with another pc and scan the collection so that squeezebox
touch could play music from the collection. Well, there's one issue: I
have set my server permissions so t hat only owner and the members of
the owner group of the music files can access the audio collection since
I don't want guests to see what I like to listen in my free time

I see that i need to add logitech music server to the owner group
(usermod -a -G <group> <usernme of the logitech music server>). But i
don't know what name to use? I tried squeezeboxserver since I noticed
that in /etc/group there is a user called squeezeboxserver. However,
apparently that didn't work since I cannot access my music collection
vie webinterface. Any advice what should I do or what username should I
add to the owner group.

If you need any more information about my setup, please ask.

Thank you for your help!