lintweaker wrote:
> Very nice! I've just test the DoP output option using the -u option of
> dsdplay (standalone). It works great!

Thank you. Credit to Kimmo for dsdplay! All I've done is packaged it.

Assume that is with your Mytek DAC, right? I've had 2 other reports of
DoP success.

Think I may need to look at the audio scan code. Some of the tags in my
DSF files are not being "mapped" correctly with Kimmo's patch. (I
dropped my patch to perl AudioScan and went with Kimmo's.) Maybe you
could import your DSD material into LMS (rescan) and report back any tag
anomolies for dsf files? Anyway, no big deal. I'm more interested in
audio playing correctly and the work he has done with dsdplay is an
order of magnitude better than the lash I had working, using multiple
binaries for transcode, one for dff -> pcm, another for dsf -> pcm and
DSDtoDoP for dsd -> dop -> flac. It was a configuration nightmare which
was why I wasn't keen to publicise and support it.

Anyway, if you have the time, would appreciate you importing your DSD
media files into LMS, setting up a
/etc/squeezeboxserver/custom-convert.conf with a 'dsdplay -u' recipe for
your DAC and using it via LMS rather than standalone.