Triode,

I live outside the UK, but am an avid listener to BBC R3. I use your
BBCiPlayer plugin with considerable gratitude every day. Is there
anything I can get you for Christmas?:D

The only issue I have is that, when there is not a "special event," I am
forced to use the streams that use a lower audio sampling rate than
44.1kHz.  I have the following rates available on my DAC: 44100, 48000,
88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000. The result is that  the
stream plays with comically high pitch, and about 5 buffer under-runs
per second. Very understandable from my point of view, but inconvenient.

What is the best currently-available work-around I could use to overcome
this issue?

Also, would it be desirable/feasible for Squeezelite to recognize this
condition as an exception and handle it gracefully? Squeezelite is
pretty good at resampling these days, but I'd only like to resample when
the stream's native sampling rate in missing from the selected DAC's
capability table. I have another DAC that doesn't do 88.2kHz, and it
would be good to have this deficit filled-in by a resampling trick,
while preserving the native sampling rates whenever possible. Worth
considering?

  Squeezelite 1:1.4-0.9.20131209gitc0d5492.fc19
  BBC iPlayer plugin v1.2.10