dsdreamer wrote:
> Triode, I made a build with a the function void output_init_common()
> modified in output.c

  >   >                 dop_silence_frames((u32_t *)silencebuf_dop,
MAX_SILENCE_FRAMES);

--------------------

> I ran the resulting binary interactively as "./squeezelite -o
> hw:CARD=UD501 -a 40::: -d output=debug" and I was able to play my
> 32kHz sample rate track without incident. However, when I played a
> normal 44.1kHz flac track and then came back to the 32kHz one, it
> failed as before.  However, switching the player off and on from jive
> menu (output_thread:558 disabling output) and back on again let me
> recover and play the 32kHz track properly once again.
>
> Also, whenever I played a genuine 96kHz sample rate FLAC file, paused
> it, and went back to the dreaded 32kHz track, it played perfectly
> every time. But always coming from 44.1kHz to 32kHz was a problem.
>
> Finally, I'd like to mention that I keep getting the following message
> when starting squeezelite in 44.1kHz mode

  >   > [03:28:28.750880] ALSA snd_pcm_hw_start:588 SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START
failed (-32)

> I've noticed this comes up in quite a few logs posted here, but I
> don't know whether it is relevant or not.

I'm not sure the error message will impact this as there is something to
recover from it straight afterwards (you only see if as we capture alsa
log) - I will look into though.

What is interesting is that if you stop and then restart the device it
works again in the problem case, but a sleep after closing doesn't do
the same thing (as logically this is doing the same thing...)