dsdreamer wrote:
> I have been single stepping the output_alsa code under gdb, and trying
> to figure out what it happening. The only thing I could find out (which
> you presumably already know) is which statement is causing
> SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START errors. I see what you mean by something to
> recover it straight afterwards.

I will look at the error message (think I have a handle on this and can
hide it..)  Don't have anything more to suggest on the rate change issue
though - will look at what can be done to avoid alsa resampling (but
then if the issue is rate change of the dac then anything which doesn't
resample all to the same rate may be a problem?)