arkadi58 wrote:
> Assuming the network configuration of your Windows and Linux PC are
> similar, this could be a firewall issue. If you are on an internal
> network, behind a NAT router, why not turn off the firewall completely
> and see what happens?
>
> Roman

Roman, thanks for this! I don't know why I didn't try this before. It is
a firewall issue. I shut off the firewall and Linux Mint now connects to
to piCorePlayer for the first time. You have identified my problem.

Now I need to know what exceptions to add to the incoming connections on
the Linux Mint firewall so LMS can connect to piCorePlayer on the
Raspberry Pi. Can someone help with this? I'm pretty new to Linux. This
is what the GUI of my firewall looks like. Can someone tell me what to
place in either box so that Linux Mint will be able to connect to
piCorePlayer on the Raspberry Pi?

[image: http://i.imgur.com/68xwZjU.png]

[image: http://i.imgur.com/OpCnjNK.png]