Pascal Hibon wrote:
> I'm still on F19. I'm looking forward to F20 but I'm a bit afraid that
> my poor Linux skills will let me down moving to F20 today.
> So, I'm waiting for the official F20 release from Clive.
>
> The next step I'm thinking of is to let the WB completely boot of the
> SSD. This probably won't change anything performance wise but it would
> eliminate the SD card completely. The boot process seems quite simple so
> I'm very temped.

For a while I was running my WB with the root folder on a 2.5" SATA
drive, but with the /boot folder remaining on SDcard -  this is easy
enough to implement if you understand the fstab file.  I think moving
the actual /boot folder over is much trickier (requires a hardware mod)
and is not likely to show much, if anything, in the way of a performance
improvement.

While running with root on a sata drive, the boot time was a bit faster
and LMS webgui was a little quicker when doing searches, etc.  But in
general I didn't feel that it made that much of a speed difference and I
had a couple of stability problems related to the sata drive, although I
was using an old drive.  I decided to go back to having root on the
sdcard for the time being, but would like to try a small ssd when the
F20 image is available.