hagensieker wrote:
> I just got a Cubox -i4 Pro and installed Arch Linux on it.  Is it
> possible to get LMS installed on it.  Perl version is 5.18
>
> I did install squeezelite and pointed it at another server in the home
> and it works great.
>
> Also I have another SD card with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS which of course there
> is a .deb package for so I can run LMS just by card swapping if I need
> to.
>
> However, I'd like to install it on Arch arm7 if that is humanly
> possibly.  What say the experts here?

Why don't you try the ARM Linux Tarball (for Perl 5.8-5.14, ARM EABI)
from the nightlies from here:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.8?  Although this will
not have been compiled with hard floating point, it should still work.

As an ordinary user (not root), you could try something like the
following:

  wget
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.8/sc/cedf697/logitechmediaserver-7.8.0-1391769631-arm-linux.tgz
  tar xvf ./logitechmediaserver-7.8.0-1391769631-arm-linux.tgz
  cd ./logitechmediaserver-7.8.0-1391769631-arm-linux
  ./slimserver.pl

(The version number embedded in the name of the tar archive changes
every night, so please adjust accordingly.)

If this starts up LMS okay, you should install it in a more official
place and create a startup script for it. If not, please report back
here and someone else may have a better idea.