mherger wrote:
> > My machine is 32 bit. Does this mean I need to install a 64 bit
> version
> > or is there a work round?
>
> Is your machine 32 bit or did you install 32-bit on your otherwise
> 64-bit capable machine?
>
> You could most likely build all dependencies yourself... but it can be a
>
> bit involved....
>
> --
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

When I first installed kubuntu we were advised to install the 32bit
version. My machine is intel core2 so I will try a live install of
kubuntu 14.04 when it's released and reinstall all my data.....I hate
doing this but it's going to have to be done sometime. I might as well
start now. I've looked at an update to the kernel then reinstalling 64
bit  and that task would probably be beyond my abilities. My main server
is on 12.04 LTS so that can stay there for a while...

Thanks for the information.

Mike.

Transporter or Cyrus streamX>CyrusDACX>PreXvs>ESPAudio P09B Active
filter>Cyrus X x 2>Rhapsody, Avondale and Naim cable, Kubuntu 12.04
server, various boxes for storage.
SB3 Flycatcher 3A linear power supply.
Using SqueezeBoxServer (LMS) 7.8
piCorePlayer