Hammer wrote:
> Hi, I just got the chance to try that using the flirc program on a pc
> and mapped the keys per the link above with a Denon remote.  It appears
> the learn the signals okay, but when I plug the flirc in my wandboard,
> I'm not able to control the wandboard with the remote.  Any steps I may
> be missing?

If you have programmed the keys correctly then it should just work with
out any other steps - no updates (or reboot even) required.  If the
FLIRC program was showing the correct keys on the display when the
remote buttons were pushed it will be setup fine.

I presume you are using Jiveiite (the graphic squeezebox like display)
via HDMI?  FLIRC should then allow you to navigate the menus. etc with
the Denon remote.

>  And given I connect to my DAC via USB, I have both the DAC and the
> flirc pluuged into a USB hub which is plugged into the wandboard.  BTW,
> does anyone know what type of USB connector I need to use the other USB
> port on the wandboard and avoid the hub?

Connecting your DAC and FLIRC to the WB via a USB-hub should work fine.
This is what I do, along with hard-drives.  The FLIRC will generate very
little USB activity but will take a little power - it may be wise to
ensure any hub you use is externally powered.

For testing FLIRC tt may be worth connecting the dongle directly to the
WB without the hub (leave out the DAC for just now).  If you can then
navigate the menus, you know FLIRC works and have a problem with the hub
(or cables).