JackOfAll wrote:
> Contact Erland first and ask him if it is OK to "borrow" clauses 5 and 6
> from the ickStream NDA agreement. (Which you already have, because I
> know you are a BETA tester.)

Clive this is not directed to you, I'm just quoting your post to make it
easier for people to find your original post, hope that's ok.

First of all, to avoid possible confusion or conspiracy theories, I just
want to be very clear that ickStream has nothing to do with CSOS project
nor anything that has happened to Clive personally. We were looking
forward to see a community player compatible with the Squeezebox
infrastructure and like everyone else around here we all feel very sad
about the current situation both in the project and for Clive
personally.

I think the reference to ickStream NDA was just used as an example of a
typical NDA.
I'm no legal expert and due to this I do NOT recommend anyone to use
text from the ickStream NDA.

If someone really wants to distribute images in private, I'd recommend
using the "Warranty" and "Limitation of liability" texts from one of the
available open source licenses. Just make sure you read it and
understand it before you use it and understand that if you are using it
the wrong way it can potentially cause problems both for yourself, your
relatives and people who have previously been involved in CSOS project.
The last part from the 3-clause BSD license looks reasonably simple to
me but since I'm not a legal expert I can't promise it will give anyone
the necessary protection.

For reference, even if I would like to make people happy I would
personally not dare to distribute any images at the moment, the risk of
causing problems for myself, my relatives or anyone who have been
involved in the CSOS project is just too large when I don't understand
what this is all about. I would be willing to share it to a close friend
who I know and thrust but not with someone I don't know.

Clive, if you feel I'm making this sound too scary, please feel free to
correct me.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.