Triode wrote:
> Just edit /etc/soa-web.conf to remove the network entries.
>
> In future I plan to dynamically detect interface via ip link - what does
> this give in your case.  There's no point supporting network
> configuration if you have another way, so disabling is all we should do
> in this case (or you can just ignore the menus!)

For the ARCH on i686/X86_64 case, interface names follow the
"PredictableNetworkInterfaceName" standard, so manual intervention is
needed to revert to the traditional interface naming scheme, for example
by udev rules, or kernel boot param net.ifnames=0.  I agree, if
NetworkManager is used, just disable the irrelevant WebUI pages.

Having done some testing in QEMU/VirtaulBox I've created a base ARCH
i686 install in a USB stick and used the soa-aur to install all
elements, except LMS.  The config mimics what you'd have on a Wandboard,
with traditional interface names and a combo of ifplugd & netclt. It
boots v.fast on my old thinkpad from the USB stick, and is fully
functional, turning it into an instance squeezebox.

Two points:

(1)  The squeezelite service needs restarting after a reboot - no idea
why yet.

(2) The netclt wlan0 profile stores the wpa key in plain text in a file
with 644 perms.