mimax wrote:
> First of all, many thanks to Triode for the great work, I really
> appreciate.
> I was using CSOS since a while, and wanted to try SOA as Substitute.
>
> Getting to the reason I reply to Bobs post, I finally got brutefirDRC
> working today, after a week of trying, I finally figured out what was
> wrong.
> I was getting the same Errors as Bob.
>
> I am using BrutefirDRC plugin V. 4.1beta  from sourceforge, installed
> following the instructions from Klaas on
> "http://klaasreineke.tumblr.com/brutefirdrc”
>
> I installed brutefir with "yaourt -S brutefir", to install also the
> dependencies, like jack and the fft libraries. (I had to add the line
> arch=('armv7h') to PCKBUILD), this installs V 1.0k
> Then I have downloaded the source tarball of V 1.0m from the link on the
> author's Homepage
> "http://www.ludd.luth.se/~torger/brutefir.html#download";
> I then built the binaries and put them in the usr/bin for the main
> binary and usr/lib/brutefir for the modules.
>
> I was almost giving up, when I noticed some python Errors when I tried
> to run the wrapper script from command line.
> I earlier installed python with "pacman -S python" which resulted in a
> python 3.4.1.1 Installation, on which the wrapper does not work.
>
> It requires a 2.x python Version
>
> I solved this, first removing the v 3 package, then installing Version
> 2.7 with "pacman -S python2", and finally I created a simlink “python”
> to the executable “python2.7” in /usr/bin (I do not have other python
> scripts in use, and did therefore not care to Keep V3 compatibility)
>
> I also did not get the error logs at the beginning, so I changed line
> 561 of the "brutefirwrapper" script to set the log file Location I
> wanted:
>
> "    reopen_stderr_as_log('/opt/logitechmediaserver/Logs/brutefir.log')
> "
>
> By the way, on my Installation the "INFO" type plugin log Messages
> appear in the Journal, and not in a log file.
>
> Michael

Thank you for the info Michael. I tried to install brutefir in the same
way as you but still get the same errors. I've been on to the Brutefir
Google Group and asked for help there. The conclusion seems to be that
there is something wrong with either the brutefir binary or it's
modules. Have tried recompiling them using PKGBUILD but it's still the
same.

The BrutefirDrc plugin seems to working as it should.

Does anyone out there who used brutefir on CSOS have access to those
binaries and if so could you PM them to me?

brutefir
alsa.bfio
cli.bflogic
eq.bflogic
file.bfio
jack.bfio
oss.bfio

It's possible the files compiled differently on CSOS so it may be worth
a try.

TIA

Bob

1 x Touch
1 x Radio
1 x Boom
1 x Wandboard SoA as main server and player running LMS 7.9
Lavry DA-10 DAC
HP PC as secondary server running LMS 7.9
Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM
Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
Behringer DEQ2496
Linn Isobarik DMS