Hi Triode.

Just logged in via HDMI.

soa-firstboot fails or better stalls in the until loop. (I'm wondering
if it is necessary to have until loops in there.)
That's why the process is not working.

Problem is that the arch mirrors can not be accessed.

There seem to be issues with DNS, DNS nameserver settings in your base
config.
According to google-info this can change from location to location. In
your case it might work in UK but over here in D it
might no longer work. I didn't dig any further by now.

Pinging the mirror IP works btw.
Hope that gives you a hint where to look.

Cheers

PS: Improvement proposal: The base setup should somehow include a
keyboard/locale settup process.

::: ' Touch Toolbox and more' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com) :::
by soundcheck