If you google "irqbalance sofirqs" you'll find a lot of stuff about the
subject.
IRQbalance has its own problems. It's a complex handler and might also
affect the performance.
There are not too many IRQs active on SOA anyhow. It's not a big deal to
figure out a nice share. I get along quite well by focusing at eth0 or
usb.

It seems that not having shared interrupts between CPUs is first of all
an issue of the kernel parameter CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU=y.

According to this article
"http://www.alexonlinux.com/smp-affinity-and-proper-interrupt-handling-in-linux";
HOTPUG_CPU=y
prevents to get APIC properly initialized.

Comment:
Similar reasons why I also avoid the ondemand govenor. It acts partly
very slow changing demands. Other ARCH kernels (my 3.16 on RPI) have
introduced the  "interactive" govenor some time ago. You'll also find
numerous discussions about this stuff on Android forums.

Cheers

::: ' Touch Toolbox and more' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com) :::
by soundcheck