Hi.

I suggested towards Triode to introduce mounts through udev instead of
hardcoded mounts in /etc/fstab
This avoids hangups. And is more flexible.

Beside that I suggested to introduce an option to set different mount
points manually instead of these hardcoded mountpoints.
I'd prefer a /music. Much better then /mnt/disk1/music or similar. You'd
also have less characters in the LMS db.

Below udev rule initiates mounting and parking  the HDD at the same
time, if a HDD exists.
Perhaps Triode can add a "HDD park time:"  to his config settings. I
think that would be very benefitial to many users.

"hdparm" needs to be installed. It's not on Triodes base installation.

Beside that I added "auto" and "noatime" as mount options. There's no
need to select the drive type when using auto.
With "noatime" diskperformance will be increased. "relatime" can be
skipped.

Triode should also mount the SD card with "noatime" and he should change
the SD card scheduler to "noop" instead of "cfq".

  sudo pacman -S hdparm

  /etc/udev/rules.d/96-local.rules
  ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL=="sda", RUN+="/bin/mount -t auto -o
rw,noatime /dev/sda /music" , RUN+="/sbin/hdparm -B 5 -S 12 /dev/sda"

Cheers

::: ' Touch Toolbox and more' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com) :::
by soundcheck