Triode wrote:
> Yes LMS version 7.9 option.
Sorry, you assume I have a lot more knowledge than I have, and I need to
explain more clearly my confusion.

In the Local Player setup there is a 'direct local file access' option.
I want to use the same only from a stand-alone squeezelite on the same
machine.

You say that LMS 7.9 has a local file option.  I found reference in the
release of 7.8, but no mention of how to use it.  I think (on linux) I
have to add "--localfile" to /etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver
SLIMOPTIONS, but is that correct, and does squeezelite know I've done
that without having a configuration option of its own (and if so why
doesn't Local Player)?   I looked on the LMS server log and there's no
evidence of the parameter being accepted or rejected.

Apologies for using up more of your time.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp (Beta - derived from squeezelite) to
Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC and Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Squeezelite
to PC sound.  Minimserver (server) and upplay (control point) to same
amps & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Meridian USB Explorer DAC from PCs
to speakers/headphones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls
LMS/upplay via Firefox.   Have a Touch with EDO, and a spare, but don't
use.